Become a corporate supporter
WasteAid receives crucial support from businesses with shared values.
Becoming a WasteAid supporter will help you:
- Meet your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
- Help communities linked through your supply chain
- Make a positive impact on global poverty, pollution and climate change
- Motivate your staff and encourage team building
The business case for waste
Recent research has found that every £1 spent on waste management generates £5-£10 of value through improved health, productivity, flood prevention, business and tourism.
Fundraising is also good for your business:
- A fundraising strategy increases employee engagement and has a positive impact on the recruitment process.
- Active fundraising helps get the message out about your CSR goals and the charities you’re working with, inspiring other people to get involved too.
- Each fundraiser who links to Facebook is also sharing your corporate fundraising initiative with all their friends, helping to grow awareness about your CSR initiatives.
- Raising money for WasteAid gives tangible help to those who need it most. Employees who volunteer their time to fundraise for us are contributing to lasting change.
The sustainability case for waste
Properly managing waste has a positive impact on:
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Sustainable livelihoods
- Equality and human rights
- The environment (land, air, water, and climate change)
In fact, progress on all of the Sustainable Development Goals can be accelerated through investment in waste management initiatives. Read Waste and the Sustainable Development Goals to find out more.
“Biffa’s partnership with WasteAid could not be better matched. Biffa is a leading waste operator in the UK with a firm investment in the future development of sustainable waste management and recycling, and we wanted to utilise our expert knowledge and expertise from the waste industry and extend it through WasteAid’s international projects.
WasteAid is shining a light on the effects of poor or absent waste management within developing countries and working with organisations and other charities to demonstrate how waste can be a resource – a concept which Biffa wholeheartedly promotes.
Biffa’s and WasteAid’s values for the future of waste management and recycling are aligned, and we look forward to nurturing and developing our partnership and finding value in each other’s knowledge.”
Guy Maddock, Group Head of Marketing at Biffa
“Dsposal have supported WasteAid for the last 18 months, since our launch in fact. Partnering with WasteAid on the Waste Matters Theatre at RWM 2018 provided us with a brilliant opportunity to promote our business alongside a leading environmental charity who we share many values with and who are highly regarded by the industry.
For a young start-up this has enabled us to tap into WasteAid’s networks and boost our credibility by association. It’s been a pleasure to support them and watch them go from strength to strength. We look forward to many more years of working together!”
Sophie Walker, COO and Co-Founder at Dsposal
“We have thoroughly enjoyed supporting WasteAid over the last few years. Our team of chartered waste professionals are passionate about making a difference in the waste sector. Supporting WasteAid allows us to contribute to ‘positive’ change and being a partner has increased our awareness of waste management in low income countries.
We have been able to share the knowledge gained with our clients and contacts, thus enhancing our relationships. By supporting a dynamic and passionate team, it motivates and inspires us to continue to support WasteAid together with other partners.”
Leanne Trow, Environmental Consultant at Frith Resource Management
Corporate supporter enquiry
If you are a commercial organisation and interested in becoming a WasteAid Corporate Supporter, please use this form to contact us.
If you are an NGO or CBO and are looking to partner with WasteAid on your project, please see our page Partner with WasteAid.