WasteAid is celebrating Earth Day (April 22nd) at the Zero Waste Colchester Recycling Expo 2018.
Organised by Christopher Blomeley, Wivenhoe Repair Reuse Recycle CIC Coordinator, the exciting Earth Day Expo is the first public event of its kind to inspire and promote the repair, reuse and recycling of all materials to a wider audience. RRR is currently working with Colchester Council to reduce the amount of white goods that the council sends to landfill. The recycling initiative is attracting lots of interest and could potentially save the council thousands of pounds.
Chris Blomeley, founder of RRR (pictured), announced “We hope to attract more than 2,000 members of the public during the course of the day – as well as VIPs and the media. We also have in excess of 50 engaging exhibitors and local traders that have a focus on the environment.”
- Over 35 exhibitors showing new ways to reduce, reuse and recycle
- Local businesses and schemes leading the way – from cloth nappies to bike recycling
- Launch of Colchester’s very own plastic shredding and recycling scheme, with Precious Plastic from the Netherlands
- Launch of the Colchester Refill Scheme – reducing single-use plastic consumption, in association with Anglia Water and Colchester Borough Council
- Repair Café to help you breathe new life into your electrical and mechanical items
- Vintage & recycled clothing
- Vegan food from Good Souls Bakery
- Love Food, Hate Waste & Together We Grow gardening CIC
- Caravan of curiosities – local artists and art made from recycled objects
- Junk orchestra and percussion workshops
- 5ft-tall dinosaurs made from rubbish!
- 3-D Printing and interactive displays
- Showings of Wall-E in the on-site cinema
- Freebies galore
Our thanks to volunteer supporters Julie and Dick Lenkiewicz for representing WasteAid at the event, and to Javier Rivera of Singular MARS and Chris Blomeley of Repair Reuse Recycle CIC for the invitation.